1/20/13

Day 14- Death row meal

Well I'm now officially WAY behind on the blog challenge business. But since I'm not actually adhering to the challenge guidelines, I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?

Today's topic is an interesting one. A bunch of well-known chefs actually wrote a whole book about this- a book I have yet to read, but am dying to have as a coffee table read (and because I'm practically a celeb chef stalker).

As much as I like to think I'm a foodie, I really haven't had an opportunity to try very many "foodie" type items. So the food for my death row last meal is all regular stuff. After giving it a lot of thought, I have to go with my favorite type of meal.

Breakfast is my favorite type of food, hands down. I love to go to breakfast and brunch, and I like to eat breakfast food any time of day. So I would have to have a sampling of some of my favorites. A waffle from Waffle House (of course), a breakfast burrito from The Only Place in Town in Sierra Madre, CA, crispy bacon and grits from Hominy Grill in Charleston, biscuits and gravy from Cracker Barrel, a Bloody Mary from Le Richilieu hotel in New Orleans, a mimosa (with expensive champagne) and coffee (with chicory, naturally) with cream and sugar.

I would of course also require cereal, my comfort food/snack of choice. A small sampling of some of my favorites, along with some cold 2% milk, will do. I'd outline my favorites here, but my adoration of cereal is epic enough to deserve its own blog post.

Seem like a lot? Who cares, it's the last meal I get to eat, right? I can be as gluttonous as I care to be. Luckily, there is slim chance that this will ever come to pass. Anybody hungry now? I could go for some breakfast.

No comments: