1/1/13

Happy New Year!

Hey look, it's only been 3 months since my last post! Progress!

So it's New Year's Day, 2013, which I assume is the day everyone is posting their resolutions to write their novels or blog everyday or whatever. And I suppose I could join them and write some long missive about what I learned last year (earplugs work!) or what my hopes are for next year (more sleep!). But I know how I am about that sort of thing- lazy.

My goals for 2013 are more abstract than real resolutions. Yes, I want to be healthier, eat better, work out more, do some yoga and meditate, but I'm trying not to confine myself to anything too concrete, lest I fail before January is over. So here are my thoughts for the new year: love more, be more, do more, but take it easy and go with the flow more. To that end, I am going to try to be gentle with myself and say, write more, but not try to force myself into it every day. I've decided that a few blog challenges may help, so I plan to start there and see what happens. Maybe I will blog every day, maybe once a month, if I'm lucky. I also dug up a questionnaire about reading that struck my fancy, so that may work its way into this blog as well.

So we'll see how it goes. I'm going to try to practice a little optimism and say you will certainly hear more from me this year. Perhaps I will actually hear from you too.

No comments: