1/11/13

Day 8- Traveling

Now that I've boasted about how much I have blogged, I've fallen even farther behind. Oh well, the whole process is the point, not the timeline, right?

Today's topic is a place you've traveled to and where else you want to travel. This is a great topic for me, as I love to travel. I've been extremely blessed to have traveled quite a bit in my life, both as a child and an adult. I've been to 6 countries (I think) and many cities, both foreign and domestic.

My most recent adventure took me here:


Great Guana Cay, Bahamas, August 2012
My uncle and aunt have a home on Guana Cay, and they were generous enough to host my bf and I for a week last summer.  It was the most lovely, relaxing, fantastic place. Every day was full of sun, surf, drinks and laughter. And cracked conch. I got to swim with squid and rays and hold a starfish. We are so hopeful that we can go again soon.


Here are some of the other places I love and hope to visit again:


 
New Orleans, 2012
 
New Orleans is a special place for my family. My father grew up there, my brother was born there, my dad and stepmom and also my sister married there. So far I think I've been about 7 times and counting. What's not to love about Nola? The music, the food, the wild people, the freedom. It's truly a place where all you can do is just soak it all in. And have lots of cocktails.
 
 

 
NYC, 2008
 
This was my first real "grown-up" trip. A friend and I flew out from CA for a long weekend and were fortunate enough to stay with a friend. I was only there long enough to get a little taste (and to be glad that my childhood dream of living there was never realized), so I'm eager to spend a little more time there. I went before the 9/11 memorial went up, so it was very heavy seeing the cavernous hole in the city and other remnants of that day. It's also a city so full, which is something that I'm really drawn to.
 
 


 
Paris
 
This is the only photo in this blog that I didn't take. I went in 1994- pre-digital cameras, of course- and I haven't gotten around to scanning and uploading my photos. Paris has been my dream city as long as I can remember, and she did not disappoint. The sights, the sounds, the food! It was even better than I dreamed. I was only 17 when I went, so I'm desperate to go again now that I have some sense.
 
 
Here are some other places I'm interested in visiting, in no particular order:  Chicago, London, Venice, San Francisco, Hawaii, Ireland, Austin, Cuba, Miami...I could go on all night. I dream of one day becoming a citizen of the world, and I would, of course, bring my blog along for the ride.

No comments: